Motorcycle Insurance in Georgia
Are you buying a motorcycle? You would want to know about motorcycle insurance to enjoy your new ride with peace of mind and a sense of safety. Like most states, Georgia requires bikers to purchase motorcycle insurance if they want to ride legally on public roads. However, as you will find from Jonathan Roberts Insurance Agency in Canton, GA, motorcycle insurance isn't all about compliance. Two-wheeler insurance is designed to protect several aspects of your life.
Motorcycle insurance coverage options
Motorcycle insurance isn't one-size-fits-all coverage — it has several policies that can be combined into one coverage to provide you with all-rounded protection. Motorcycle insurance options aren't that different if you are familiar with car insurance. Here are the different motorcycle insurance policies:
- Liability coverage: Georgia requires all bikers to include liability coverage in their motorcycle insurance. You should buy state-required amounts, but we always advise our clients to look beyond the state minimums. Always increase your liability coverage to help you with significant liability claims.
- Collision coverage: It covers your bike after sustaining physical damage after a collision with another motorist or stationary object. This policy pays for the damage or replacement of your bike up to the coverage limit.
- Comprehensive coverage: This policy covers your motorbike against non-collision risks, including theft, natural disasters, falling objects, and vandalism. Like collision coverage, it compensates you for the loss or damages up to your policy's limit.
- Medical Payments: Bike accidents do happen, and they can leave you and your passenger with injuries. Invest in MedPay to pay for medical expenses when involved in a bike accident. Additionally, this insurance pays for deductibles and co-pays not covered by your medical insurance.
- Roadside assistance: If your bike stalls miles away from home, you can always get help from your insurer if you have roadside assistance coverage. This insurance saves the day if you have a dead battery, puncture, or a minor breakdown.
Ready to invest in motorcycle insurance in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Florida? Please call or email Jonathan Roberts Insurance Agency in Canton, GA for an affordable quote.