Boat/Watercraft Insurance in Georgia
If you are looking to enjoy your time on the water and make it worry-free, we offer boat and watercraft insurance here at Jonathan Roberts Insurance Agency in Canton, GA. We will work with you to find comprehensive protection that will always protect you, your family, and your friends. Do the right thing and protect your investment.
Boat Insurance Requirements
Boat insurance is not legally required in Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, or Florida. However, it doesn’t mean that you should avoid obtaining it. Boat insurance may be required by the lender if you finance or lease your boat. Additionally, marinas may require proof of insurance.
Boat Insurance Coverage
There are so many different insurance options you can choose from, including:
- Navigational area- It is essential that you know where you are covered in the water. It is typical to be covered up to 75 miles from the U.S. coastline.
- Agreed value coverage- If your boat is an absolute loss, you will receive the value at which you insured it with this coverage.
- Liability- This coverage provides you with protection in the event you are involved in an accident if it is your fault. This coverage will pay for your repair or replacement expenses for the other boater.
- Medical payments- This coverage will cover your medical care if you are injured following a boating accident.
- Physical damage- This will cover your repair or replacement costs if your motor, boat, or anything attached to it becomes damaged.
- Uninsured/underinsured- This coverage protects you against other boat owners who either don’t have insurance or don’t have enough insurance and you are involved in an accident with them.
To obtain a quote for boat insurance, please contact the Jonathan Roberts Insurance Agency. Our office is located in Canton, GA.